Vehicles manufactured since year 2000 have computer chips that control many functions of a vehicle including its Engine Management Systems.
Cities have streets with different speed limits and different speeds in the same street (ex: schools).
CITY wide AUTOMATED Speed system that’s SAFE and COST-EFFECTIVE:
1) All vehicles installed with RFID Speed control chip
2) Traffic poles on all intersections with RFID Readers installed
3) Vehicle entering a street talks to RFID readers and gets speed for travel in street.
4) RFID chip in vehicle processes and passes this information to the Engine Management System to set the MAX speed for the vehicle on street. Vehicle travels at set speed or below.
5) Same process repeats in other streets.
1) SAVINGS on police monitoring costs
2) SAVINGS from damaging roads by building arbitrary speed breakers
3) AUTOMATIC Changes to speed limits when needed, by changing RFID reader setting
4) SAFER CITIES